Introduction and Summary
We want to make it easy for you to understand what information we collect from you, what we do with it, and how you can request access to this information.
We believe this is a best practice to maintain transparency and trust with our website visitors and clients, and it just so happens that this complies with the laws of many countries around the world, too. If you have questions about this policy, you can contact us at email@example.com.
What Personal Information We Collect and When
We collect information so that we can make our products and services better tailored to the people who visit our site and do business with us. We collect this information to (i) deliver products and services you have purchased from us, (ii) to notify you about our product or service offerings that you may be interested in, so long as you have given us consent to do so, (iii) to keep track of visitor information to our site and/or create retargeted and “lookalike” audiences for advertising purposes.
We collect information from you directly and indirectly through third-party services, as follows:
When you contact us...
With questions or comments in the contact form.
When you comment on a post directly on the website.
To request more information, schedule a telephone call, or sign up to the newsletter.
To place an order for products or services.
To receive your product or services.
When we contact you...
To provide the goods and services you requested.
To request occasional feedback.
To provide news, updates, and offers through the newsletter, usually by email.
When we contact others...
We may see certain personal information from third party apps and services that allow us to complete your order.
We may see certain personal information from third party installations that allow us to remarket our services and products to you on other websites.
We may see certain personal information from third party apps and services that allow us to monitor website traffic, email conversion, and other analytics data.
We may see your personal information when we work with third party processors, like our email provider and web host. For EU residents, please note that this means we may transmit your data across international borders.
Your Privacy Controls
We use third-party services on our websites to assist in communicating or interacting with the public, including social media services, widgets, apps, pixels, and plugins, as further identified below. These services may distinguish or trace your identity, through, for example, persistent, multi-session cookies.
You can configure your system to delete cookies or disable them. In general, we do not collect or disseminate information collected by these services. When interacting with these third parties, their privacy policies apply. As of the time of this writing, we use:
Google Analytics: Specifically, Google Analytics collects data about visitors to the Site via Google advertising cookies and anonymous identifiers, in addition to other data which may be collected through a standard Google Analytics implementation. We do not merge personally-identifiable information with non-personally identifiable information collected through any Google advertising product or feature. Should you wish to opt out of any Google Analytics Advertising features, you are encouraged to change your Ad Settings and Ad Setting for mobile apps, through the NAI’s consumer opt-out, or by using any of the other opt-out options currently available: currently available opt-outs.
Cookies are small text files placed on your computer to collect information about the pages you view and your activities on the site. They enable the site to recognize you by, for example, remembering your user name, offering a shopping c rt, or keeping track of your preferences if you visit the site again. The cookie transmits this information back to the website's computer (or server) which generally is the only computer that can read it. You can set your Web browser to warn you about attempts to place cookies on your computer, or to limit the type of cookies you allow. See also more information on how to change cookies settings in popular desktop browsers.
This site uses single and multi-session cookies to enhance the visitor experience. Use the link above to opt out.
This site does not sell or share its email list for use by third parties.
If you choose to opt out of some or all of our data collection, you may not be able to access all features of this website or our services.
Keeping Your Information Secure
We store personal information with third parties that use industry standard practices for data security.
Your Rights to Your Information
You own your personal information and have rights to it. For example, you have the rights to:
- Withdraw your consent for us to market our products and services to you and otherwise use the personal information you have provided to us. Withdrawing consent is easy. Simply click “unsubscribe” in the footer of our emails, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Request a copy of the information we have about you;
- Be forgotten (that is, have your data deleted and/or ask us to stop using your information for any purpose);
- Correct inaccurate information we have about you (and that means we will notify other service providers we use, and who hold your personal information for us, of those changes as well);
- Object to direct marketing and profiling (for example, we will remove you from our email list and from any list we have uploaded for the purposes of creating custom or retargeted audiences). We also encourage you to disable data collection services on your browser;
- Make complaints about the use of your data to regulatory authorities.
We will comply with these requests within 30 days.
We make commercially reasonable efforts to work with data controllers (like our email provider) who guarantee compliance with privacy laws like the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation.
We store your personal information only for as long as it is needed to use it for the reasons you have consented to.
Occasionally we will revise this policy and will use your contact information to notify you of these changes if they reduce your privacy rights in any way.
Our data protection officer is Gay Jegers at email@example.com
Terms and Conditions of Use
Welcome to our website. This site is maintained as a service to our customers. By using this site, you agree to comply with and be bound by the following terms and conditions of use. Please review these terms and conditions carefully. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, you should not use this site.
1. Agreement. This Agreement (“the “Agreement”) specifies the Terms and Conditions for access to and use of www.gayjegersart.com (the “Site”) and describes the terms and conditions applicable to your access of and use of the Site. This Agreement may be modified at any time by Gay Jegers Art upon posting of the modified agreement. Any such modifications shall be effective immediately. You can view the most recent version of these terms at any time at www.gayjegersart.com. Each use by you shall constitute and be deemed your unconditional acceptance of this Agreement.
3. Ownership. All content included on this site is and shall continue to be the property of Gay Jegers Art or its content suppliers and is protected under applicable copyright, patent, trademark, and other proprietary rights. Any copying, redistribution, use or publication by you of any such content or any part of the Site is prohibited, except as expressly permitted in this Agreement. Under no circumstances will you acquire any ownership rights or other interest in any content by or through your use of this site.
4. Intended Audience. This website is intended for adults only. This website is not intended for any children under the age of 13.
5. Trademarks. Gay Jegers Art and others are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Gay Jegers Art. Other product and company names mentioned on this Site may be trademarks of their respective owners.
6. Site Use. Gay Jegers Art grants you a limited, revocable, nonexclusive license to use this site solely for your own personal use and not for republication, distribution, assignment, sublicense, sale, preparation of derivative works, or other use. You agree not to copy materials on the site, reverse engineer or break into the site, or use materials, products or services in violation of any law. The use of this website is at the discretion of Gay Jegers Art and Gay Jegers Art may terminate your use of this website at any time.
7. Compliance with Laws. You agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding your use of the website. You further agreed that information provided by you is truthful and accurate to the best of your knowledge.
8. Indemnification. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold Gay Jegers Art and our partners, employees, and affiliates, harmless from any liability, loss, claim and expense, including reasonable attorney’s fees, related to your violation of this Agreement or use of the Site.
THE INFORMATION ON THIS SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS,” “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. YOU AGREE THAT USE OF THIS SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. GAY JEGERS ART DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY EXPRESS WARRANTIES, STATUTORY WARRANTIES, AND ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF: MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. TO THE EXTENT YOUR JURISDICTION DOES NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON WARRANTIES, THIS LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY RELATING TO YOUR USE OF THE SITE SHALL BE TO DISCONTINUE USING THE SITE.
10. Limitation of Liability.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL GAY JEGERS ART BE LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL (INCLUDING DAMAGES FROM LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOST PROFITS, LITIGATION, OR THE LIKE), SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, OR OTHER DAMAGES, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATING TO THE SITE, YOUR SITE USE, OR THE CONTENT, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. YOUR SOLE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SITE AND/OR CONTENT IS TO CEASE ALL OF YOUR SITE USE.
You may have additional rights under certain laws (including consumer laws) which do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, or the exclusion or limitation of certain damages. If these laws apply to you, the exclusions or limitations in this Agreement that directly conflict with such laws may not apply to you.
12. Copyrights and Copyright Agent. If you believe your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide a notice containing all of the following information to our Copyright Agent:
(a) An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
(b) A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
(c) A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Site;
(d) Your address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
(e) A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
(f) A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
Our Copyright Agent for Notice of claims of copyright infringement on the Site is , who can be reached as follows:
By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
13. Applicable Law. You agree that the laws of the state of , without regard to conflicts of laws provisions will govern these Terms and Condition of Use and any dispute that may arise between you and Gay Jegers Art or its affiliates.
14. Severability. If any provision of this Agreement shall be adjudged by any court of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision shall be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that this Agreement will otherwise remain in full force and effect.
15. Termination. Gay Jegers Art may terminate this Agreement at any time, with or without notice, for any reason.
16. Contact Information.
HOW TO CONTACT US:
Gay Jegers Art
A) My artwork
My artwork is created with acrylic paint and mediums, collaged papers, and other media such as oil pastels, charcoal, graphite, crayon, and ink. The substrates are watercolor and/or rice paper, stretched canvas, or wood panels. Some works are sold framed and some as unframed.\
Every care has been taken to show the artwork as accurately as possible with regard to size and color. The image you see online may show a difference due to slight variation between browsers, devices and screen settings. Any variation between the image represented and the actual artwork is not deemed a fault and slight inconsistencies will not be a valid reason for return.
B) Purchasing, Shipping and Returns
Purchases may be made with the accepted credit cards, PayPal and Apple Pay. We do not store any of your credit/debit card details.
If the painting you wanted to purchase has been sold please contact me at email@example.com and we can discuss whether something somewhat similar would be acceptable.
If you wish to commission me for a work please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
I have placed my order, how soon will I receive my painting?
Original paintings will be packed and shipped within 5 working days. Within the United States pieces are sent by the US Postal Service, or by other shipping carriers depending on size and weight. If you need delivery by a specific date, please contact me first to make sure it can reach you in time. There may be an extra charge for rush deliveries according to your requirements.
Can I collect my artwork from your studio?
If you would like to collect your art in person, once you have placed your order contact me, email@example.com and we can work out a time and date.
Is Shipping included?
Most artwork has an estimated shipping cost included at checkout based on the size of the work and your location however due to COVID 19 restrictions shipping costs are currently varying significantly. You will receive a shipping quote at the time of check out. If shipping costs significantly differ between actual costs and the quoted price we reserve the right to request additional actual shipping charges and if we cannot agree on the additional payment for shipping to ultimately refund the sale.
What about large or high value artworks?
I appreciate this is a high value purchase – and a piece of work I have spent much time on! It’s important for both of us to make sure it is transported safely. Some couriers have limits on dimensions or what they will carry so certain pieces have individual requirements. This will be noted in the Shipping details with each product listing. Shipping costs for large artworks need to be quoted individually – please contact me before purchasing. I will then contact you via email to discuss specialist shipping options before the artwork is dispatched. If you buy online first in order to secure the painting the shipping cost will be billed separately after agreement.
Can you ship internationally?
Yes, I can ship to most countries, although it will take longer to arrive depending on your location. If your location is restricted in some way you may need a bespoke courier service. Message me with your details and the piece you would like and I can give you shipping options.
Overseas shipments (outside the USA) may be subject to import duties and taxes according to the laws of the destination country. Any additional charges are at the customer’s expense. We have no control over these charges and accept no responsibility for additional charges.
BUT – if there is something you have seen and love and are OK with the possible fees charged at customs do please email me. We just don’t want surprises!
Shipping costs contribute towards packing supplies, labor and transit fees.
What if my painting arrives and I don’t like it?
I want you to be fully happy with your new artwork so I offer a Buy-Back agreement.
If an original painting is not as you expect, you have 14 days to contact me by email and request a refund. Once a return has been agreed, you are responsible for packing and arranging return delivery using the same service it was sent to you. Once the piece has been safely returned I will refund your payment within 14 days in the same method it was received.
What if my painting arrives damaged?
All work is carefully packed and wrapped. If you receive a work that has been damaged in transit you must contact me within 7 days with a photograph so we can take the appropriate steps with the shipping carrier.
What about Overseas Returns?
At this time I am unable to offer a refund or return on any product(s) sent outside of the USA.
Phew! I think that covers it all – if you have any further questions please send me an email before placing your order.